OpengateMown - System for the owner to manage MAC address
- The system to manage MAC address on Web without administrator.
- When a user accesses, the system gets the terminal address and queries
registration/updating to the user.
- It is a web system running on a gateway.
- It includes following program.
- opengatemown.cgi: Program to acquire MAC address of access terminal
and to query registration/updating.
flow of processing
OpengateMown works as Captive Portal, when Opengate is not
employed. The Web access to any site is taken over by the local
page. When Opengate is employed as Captive Portal, OpengateMown is
linked to the Opengate page.
The following flowchart shows the Captive Portal processing of
OpengateMown. The system takes over the Web access from the
unpermitted terminal to the outside site, and performs the registration or
updating of the MAC address. After processing, the system comes back
to the original site.
- Install openateMd. This system and opengateMd settle in the same
- Install Apache, MySQL, and SqLite3. Install the system to use
for authentication, if necessary.
- Unpack the archive linked to the top page and install it from the
directory [mngsrc] as follows.
tar xzvf opengatem0.0.0.tar.gz
- Modify the configuration file to adjust to the environment. It
is necessary to change MySql setting, network interface name, a
authentication method at least. Set the authentication method for
the general users. This system supports POP3, FTP, LADIUS, LDAP, PAM,
Shibboleth, and HttpBasic.
cp opengatemmng.conf.sample opengatemmng.conf
- When you use HttpBasic or Shibboleth, Add the following descriptions
into [.htaccess]. The CGI [opengatemown.cgi] is protected by [general
user authentication]. In the case of other methods, remove these
----For HTTP BASIC------
AuthName "Enter Your ID and Password"
ShibRequestSetting requireSession 1
Administrator can select a method from the following.
- [Simple] The administrator tells the url of opengatemown to users.
Then users access the url directly. This is simple. Select this at
- [With Opengate] Based on an Opengate system, the administrator adds
the link in Opengate auth page(index.html), accept page(acceptxxx.html)
or watch page(httpkeep.html).
If the link includes the parameter(redirectedurl) as follows, the page
returns to the redirected page automatically after processing.
The auto-return can work with opengate1.5.20 or later version. Select
this at using OpengateM and Opengate at the same time.
To insert warning page before opengatemown.cgi, add the following lnk.
- [Captive Portal] Based on an Opengate system, the administrator
changes index.html.var in DocumentRoot from Opengate to OpengateM by the
cp index.html.var.opengatem index.html.var
The page returns to the redirected page automatically after processing.
Select this at using OpengateM only.
- The index.html.var points the page opengatemfwd with language
option. The page opengatemfwd automatically fowwards to opengatemown.
- If you want to insert a page between opengatemfwd and opengatemown,
change JumpCgi setting in conf file, and describe the inserted page to
jump to opengatemown. The GET variables should be transfered between
- [Splash Page Only] Firstly, the administrator sets up as Captive
Portal. Secondly, the administrator changes AuthServer/Protocol
for normal users to 'splash' in opengatemmng.conf. Thirdly, the
administrator edits macfwd.html to describe the document such as the
usage policy. If needed, the administrator removes the auto-jump
(Refresh setting). If you want to insert URL in macfwd.html, use
the absolute path (from domain name) and do not use the relative path
(only file name).
- MySQL: opengatem R/W (Management DB)
- SqLite3: opengatemmng.db R/W (Local work DB to hold temporary